This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
How does my company become a member?
We’d love to have you! Having a personal connection with each and every one of our members is part of our secret recipe here at UWEBC. We’d love to have a conversation with you to determine how we can best meet your needs. Contact Beth de Garcia, Membership and Corporate Sales Director, via email or at 608-265-0645 to get started.
Who are the practice directors for each of the practice areas, and how do I contact them?
Our practice directors are Matthew Cone (Customer Service), Heidi Rozmiarek (IT), Tom Hershberger (Marketing), Jenny Patzlaff (Supply Chain), and Doug Barton (HR Executives). They’d love to hear from you! You can find more information about each of them, including their contact information, on our Meet Our Team page. Connect with them on LinkedIn and/or send them an email!
How can I access the members-only content on your website?
How do I create a username and password?
- Click “Sign In” in the white bar at the top right of the website.
- Click “Register for an Account.“
- Follow the instructions, making sure you select your company from the dropdown menu and that you use your work email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email to verify your email and complete setting up your account, including setting your password.
Is anyone in my company able to participate?
When your company joins, anyone from your company can participate in any UWEBC offering. Peer Group content is aimed at the senior practitioner to director level, and Special Interest Groups vary depending on topic. We encourage you to look around at all of our offerings, including those not traditionally in your area of focus, to find the topics that interest you most. All Peer Group and Special Interest Group meetings are recorded and available to view asynchronously.
What's the process for doing a project with the UWEBC?
Contact the Practice Director of the relevant practice area to get started! We’ll connect with you to get additional details and go from there.
I want to contact someone from another member company whose name I can't remember. How can I do that?
We would be happy to connect you with someone from another member company. Contact the Practice Director of the relevant practice area or use the “general” option, and we’ll direct your request to the right place.
What if I want to contact another company, but I'm not sure who I should talk to?
If you wish to undertake a Member-to-Member Collaboration (M2M), we ask that you fill out the M2M form and submit it to the Practice Director of the relevant practice area. He or she will then seek permission from the most appropriate companies and make introductions.
How do I sign up to receive information about a specific Peer Group's upcoming meetings?
There are three different ways you could this:
- Register for an upcoming Peer Group meeting in your area of interest. Once you have done that, you will receive meeting announcements for future meetings of that Peer Group.
- Visit your My Account page – sign in using the button in the top right of the website then click My Account – and edit your email preferences. Select as many peer groups as you’d like, and you’ll be added to the email lists for those groups.
- Contact the Practice Director of the peer group you’re interested in and ask to be added to the list for future meeting announcements.
How do I sign up for a meeting or event?
You can find meeting information in several ways once you are signed in:
- Click on the Events menu and select Events Calendar OR visit the practice area page that interests you and scroll down to the list of events on that page.
- Navigate to the event or meeting that you’d like to attend and click on it from the list.
- Click the button to Register! Note: you will need to be signed in to register.
- Don’t forget to add the event to your calendar!
What if the meeting is full?
There is no limit to how many people can register for our virtual meetings.
In the unlikely event that we reach capacity for an in-person meeting, we will try to move the meeting to a larger room. If that is impossible, we will notify you that you are on a waiting list.
What if I'd like to present at a meeting? How do I go about that?
We’d love to have you present at an upcoming meeting! Contact the Practice Director for the practice area you’d like to present on.
I'm an IT person, but sometimes I see meetings in the Marketing Peer Group that look really interesting. Can I go to these, too?
Absolutely. Employees of member companies can attend any and all Peer Group meetings. We encourage cross-pollination of innovative ideas as a core UWEBC value!
Is it okay if I bring a friend from another company to a Peer Group meeting?
A non-member may attend once as a guest of a member attendee. Please notify us ahead of time by contacting Beth de Garcia, as we will need to get them a Zoom link for a virtual meeting or print a name tag and table tent for an in-person meeting.
Can UWEBC help me find a new employee or announce a job opening?
We do recognize that there are many unfilled jobs for people with very specific skill sets, so we try to be as helpful as possible. We can’t make position postings on behalf of member companies, but we can provide information about various UW resources and career opportunities boards for students and alumni.
I need technical help with a virtual meeting. Where can I find resources?
Whether you’re trying to access a meeting in progress or view a recording of a past meeting, our events team is here to help you. Send us a quick message to our events email where the team is standing by!