Bridge the gap between your vision and implementation with
The UW E-Business Consortium (UWEBC), in collaboration with XPLANE, is proud to bring this unique Strategy Activation Boot Camp exclusively to the UWEBC network. UWEBC membership is not required to participate.
A frequently cited statistic in the domain of change management is “70% of change projects fail.” Sadly, no one bats an eye at numbers like that because making change that sticks is incredibly difficult! It is not possible to know what obstacles you will encounter along your change journey – and in organizations there may be hundreds, if not thousands, of people to bring along in implementing the change. Whether it’s failing to recognize that your organization is made up of people that don’t follow instructions as a machine would and need to be engaged to see it through, or it’s just not realistic to be able to invest the resources necessary to see it to its conclusion, there is so much nuance involved in getting it right. Despite the challenges, we continue trying because the cost of not changing is too significant.
Strategy Activation is the art and science of persuading people to align around, engage with, and adopt new ways of working in order to achieve a shared vision. In this Boot Camp, you will move from feeling frustrated that you can’t get people on board with change to effectively applying a powerful process that moves people from alignment to adoption and developing a strategy activation plan tailored to your organization. The course will introduce an overall framework as the first step in building your strategy activation practice, providing you with the tools, skills – and confidence – to see your team through the successful execution of your current and future change initiatives.
Following three full-day in-person classroom sessions led by Aric Wood, CEO of XPLANE, you will have the opportunity to fortify your learning by participating in three virtual collaborative learning sessions with classmates, facilitated by UWEBC Practice Director Matthew Cone, to share and discuss experiences around applying the methods, processes, and tools learned in the class.
By participating in this Boot Camp, you will:
- Learn a step-by-step, proven system for engaging employees in change initiatives.
- Acquire flexible change activation tools that can be applied immediately and reused for multiple applications.
- Problem-solve and build relations with other professionals navigating similar change challenges.
- Gain powerful insights into reasons strategy activation fails—and how to avoid the pitfalls.
- Experience the framework in action led by an expert practitioner.
- Complete activities and leave the course with a full draft of your unique strategy activation plan.
Learners will leave with:
- A strategy activation plan geared to your organization that you can implement right away.
- An instructional guide for how to lead the activities and ask the critical questions to continue refining your plan for your context.
- Tools and frameworks for leading the activities in your daily practice.
- A copy of “The Strategy Activation Playbook” to reference as you use these skills.
Three full-day, in-person sessions on the UW-Madison campus:
- June 12-14, 2023, 9:00am-4:00pm
Three virtual follow-up sessions to share and discuss experiences around applying class concepts with classmates, facilitated by UWEBC Practice Director Matthew Cone:
- June 26, 2023, 9:00am-12:00pm
- July 14, 2023, 9:00am-12:00pm
- August 9, 2023, 9:00am-11:00am
Interested in this Boot Camp, but unable to attend this time for whatever reason?